Friday, September 7, 2012

Emotional Independence


Please don't read if you don't like the subject, because it will only get worse from here.

Human beings are meant to live a life of happiness and enjoyment. Yes, pain and suffering are a part of life,but these feelings don't define life. Pain is never to be taken seriously. Life is defined by the positive emotions. Personally, i always try keeping myself calm and regret the few times I've got angry or frustrated because of some other human being. I regret being perturbed because of someone else and I consider it to be my weakness and inability. Why so?

The expression of negative emotions or the mere existence of it shows your dependence on others. If someone else's actions incite you or cause anger, then you should realize you are weak. Anger is the biggest sign of weakness. Weakness, not physical but emotional. You are weak because you are dependent on others. Your emotions are guided by other people's actions. How can it be left to someone else that what you are supposed to feel. Emotions is what you feel, and what you feel is what you are. So, if you grant another individual the previledge of defining you, perhaps you need to start taking life more seriously now.

I have my own way to keep the emotions under control. Whenever I experience a negative feeling like frustration or anger because of someone else, I make conscious efforts to supress it. I supress it by saying to myself that I can't let anyone affect my emotions. My emotions can't depend on others. I repeatedly say this until I am able to supress the feeling to a lesser significance.

However by saying all this i dont implicate that one should not feel sympathy or empathy towards the loved ones. Here i am only talking about the negative emotions that arise due to others. The positive ones should be lived and enjoyed to the greatest extent, because it is how life is meant to be, happy and joyous.

More on the topic in my next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment